Four remanded to judicial custody in Madhubani violence
Madhubani: Four persons accused of fomenting violence in Madhubani district last month were on Monday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a court here.
The accused surrendered before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) A K Gupta who remanded them to 14 days` judicial custody.
The accused were identified as Santosh Kumar Yadav, Suresh Kumar Singh, Sanjay Paswan and Badal Gupta.
The Madhubani police had charged the four persons with indulging in violence and arson in the district last October during protest by the locals alleging indifference by the police in tracing Prashant Kumar and Preeti Kumari, who had eloped and taken shelter in New Delhi from where they were recovered and brought back to their native place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez