Four remanded to judicial custody in Madhubani violence
Madhubani: Four persons accused of fomenting violence in Madhubani district last month were on Monday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a court here.
The accused surrendered before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) A K Gupta who remanded them to 14 days` judicial custody.
The accused were identified as Santosh Kumar Yadav, Suresh Kumar Singh, Sanjay Paswan and Badal Gupta.
The Madhubani police had charged the four persons with indulging in violence and arson in the district last October during protest by the locals alleging indifference by the police in tracing Prashant Kumar and Preeti Kumari, who had eloped and taken shelter in New Delhi from where they were recovered and brought back to their native place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice