Four remanded to judicial custody in Madhubani violence
Madhubani: Four persons accused of fomenting violence in Madhubani district last month were on Monday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a court here.
The accused surrendered before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) A K Gupta who remanded them to 14 days` judicial custody.
The accused were identified as Santosh Kumar Yadav, Suresh Kumar Singh, Sanjay Paswan and Badal Gupta.
The Madhubani police had charged the four persons with indulging in violence and arson in the district last October during protest by the locals alleging indifference by the police in tracing Prashant Kumar and Preeti Kumari, who had eloped and taken shelter in New Delhi from where they were recovered and brought back to their native place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon