Four remanded to judicial custody in Madhubani violence
Madhubani: Four persons accused of fomenting violence in Madhubani district last month were on Monday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a court here.
The accused surrendered before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) A K Gupta who remanded them to 14 days` judicial custody.
The accused were identified as Santosh Kumar Yadav, Suresh Kumar Singh, Sanjay Paswan and Badal Gupta.
The Madhubani police had charged the four persons with indulging in violence and arson in the district last October during protest by the locals alleging indifference by the police in tracing Prashant Kumar and Preeti Kumari, who had eloped and taken shelter in New Delhi from where they were recovered and brought back to their native place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'