Four remanded to judicial custody in Madhubani violence
Madhubani: Four persons accused of fomenting violence in Madhubani district last month were on Monday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a court here.
The accused surrendered before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) A K Gupta who remanded them to 14 days` judicial custody.
The accused were identified as Santosh Kumar Yadav, Suresh Kumar Singh, Sanjay Paswan and Badal Gupta.
The Madhubani police had charged the four persons with indulging in violence and arson in the district last October during protest by the locals alleging indifference by the police in tracing Prashant Kumar and Preeti Kumari, who had eloped and taken shelter in New Delhi from where they were recovered and brought back to their native place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon