Four sentenced to life in Jehanabad gang-rape case
Jehanabad: A court in Bihar`s Jehanabad district on Thursday convicted four persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each after finding them guilty in a gang-rape case.
The Additional District Judge-I O P Rai passed the order convicting the accused persons to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 10,000 fine on each in the gangrape case of a woman, serving as an Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA).
The convicts will have to serve six months` additional imprisonment if they failed to pay the fine, the judge said.
According to prosecution, the incident took place near Nandana village under Hulasganj police station area in October 2008 as the convicts gangraped the victim after pulling her out of an ambulance in which she was taking a pregnant woman for delivery to a hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview