Four sentenced to life in Jehanabad gang-rape case
Jehanabad: A court in Bihar`s Jehanabad district on Thursday convicted four persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each after finding them guilty in a gang-rape case.
The Additional District Judge-I O P Rai passed the order convicting the accused persons to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 10,000 fine on each in the gangrape case of a woman, serving as an Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA).
The convicts will have to serve six months` additional imprisonment if they failed to pay the fine, the judge said.
According to prosecution, the incident took place near Nandana village under Hulasganj police station area in October 2008 as the convicts gangraped the victim after pulling her out of an ambulance in which she was taking a pregnant woman for delivery to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how