Four sentenced to life in Jehanabad gang-rape case
Jehanabad: A court in Bihar`s Jehanabad district on Thursday convicted four persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each after finding them guilty in a gang-rape case.
The Additional District Judge-I O P Rai passed the order convicting the accused persons to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 10,000 fine on each in the gangrape case of a woman, serving as an Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA).
The convicts will have to serve six months` additional imprisonment if they failed to pay the fine, the judge said.
According to prosecution, the incident took place near Nandana village under Hulasganj police station area in October 2008 as the convicts gangraped the victim after pulling her out of an ambulance in which she was taking a pregnant woman for delivery to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?