Four suffocate to death in under construction septic tank in Bihar
Katihar: Four persons suffocated to death in an under construction septic tank in Bihar`s Katihar district Friday, police said.
The incident occured at a house in Kothia Bazar area where two labourers identified as Shravan Paswan and Biram Paswan climbed down into the 20 feet deep septic tank to cement it from inside, police said.
"It seems they started suffocating either due to formation of some poisonous gas or due to lack of oxygen. Finding themselves out of breath, they screamed for help, hearing which two brothers - Ashok Gupta and Rajesh Gupta - from the household entered the tank to save them. They also died there," said Katihar Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Rakesh Kumar.
Hearing the commotion, family members and neighbours rushed to the place and extricated all four persons. They were rushed to a nearby Primary Health Centre (PHC) where they were declared brought dead.
The SDPO said the bodies have been sent to Katihar town for postmortem. The exact reason behind the death could be known only after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Will ensure safety of Indian airports: Civil Aviation Min
- Daniel Radcliffe hasn't ruled out 'Harry Potter' comeback
- Jon Bon Jovi meets cancer patient, gifts her guitar
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net