Four suffocate to death in under-construction septic tank
Katihar: Four persons died of suffocation in an under-construction septic tank in Bihar`s Katihar district today, police said.
The incident occurred at a house in Kothia Bazar area where two labourers identified as Shravan Paswan and Biram Paswan climbed down into the 20 feet deep septic tank to cement it from inside, police said.
"It seems they started suffocating either due to formation of some poisonous gas or due to lack of oxygen. Finding themselves out of breath, they screamed for help, hearing which two brothers - Ashok Gupta and Rajesh Gupta from the household entered the tank to save them. They also died there," said Katihar Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Rakesh Kumar.
Hearing the commotion, family members and neighbours rushed to the place and extricated all four persons. They were rushed to a nearby Primary Health Centre (PHC) where they were declared brought dead.
The SDPO said the bodies have been sent to Katihar town for postmortem. The exact reason behind the death could be known only after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark