Four under-trial prisoners escape from Sitamarhi jail
Sitamarhi: Four under-trial prisoners escaped from a jail in Sitamarhi district of Bihar taking advantage of a scuffle between some inmates and prison guards over poor quality of food, jail sources said Tuesday.
The incident took place at the divisional jail last evening when the four undertrials escaped by utilising the commotion during a scuffle between some inmates and the guards, jail superintendent Avinash Kumar Singh said.
Singh, who was also injured in the scuffle, said that raids were being carried out to nab the missing inmates, identified as Sadre Alam, Subodh Kumar, Suraj Kumar and Vinay Baitha.
As many as a dozen prisoners and jail guards sustained injuries in the scuffle and they were given first-aid by the doctors last night, the jail superintendent said.
In a related incident in Sheikhpura district, two inmates were injured after they were beaten up by guards at a divisional jail while they were protesting against poor quality of food served to them last night, jail sources said.
The injured prisoners, identified as Munna Kunwar and Arun Singh, have been admitted to the Sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city