Four under-trial prisoners escape from Sitamarhi jail
Sitamarhi: Four under-trial prisoners escaped from a jail in Sitamarhi district of Bihar taking advantage of a scuffle between some inmates and prison guards over poor quality of food, jail sources said Tuesday.
The incident took place at the divisional jail last evening when the four undertrials escaped by utilising the commotion during a scuffle between some inmates and the guards, jail superintendent Avinash Kumar Singh said.
Singh, who was also injured in the scuffle, said that raids were being carried out to nab the missing inmates, identified as Sadre Alam, Subodh Kumar, Suraj Kumar and Vinay Baitha.
As many as a dozen prisoners and jail guards sustained injuries in the scuffle and they were given first-aid by the doctors last night, the jail superintendent said.
In a related incident in Sheikhpura district, two inmates were injured after they were beaten up by guards at a divisional jail while they were protesting against poor quality of food served to them last night, jail sources said.
The injured prisoners, identified as Munna Kunwar and Arun Singh, have been admitted to the Sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test