Four under-trial prisoners escape from Sitamarhi jail
Sitamarhi: Four under-trial prisoners escaped from a jail in Sitamarhi district of Bihar taking advantage of a scuffle between some inmates and prison guards over poor quality of food, jail sources said Tuesday.
The incident took place at the divisional jail last evening when the four undertrials escaped by utilising the commotion during a scuffle between some inmates and the guards, jail superintendent Avinash Kumar Singh said.
Singh, who was also injured in the scuffle, said that raids were being carried out to nab the missing inmates, identified as Sadre Alam, Subodh Kumar, Suraj Kumar and Vinay Baitha.
As many as a dozen prisoners and jail guards sustained injuries in the scuffle and they were given first-aid by the doctors last night, the jail superintendent said.
In a related incident in Sheikhpura district, two inmates were injured after they were beaten up by guards at a divisional jail while they were protesting against poor quality of food served to them last night, jail sources said.
The injured prisoners, identified as Munna Kunwar and Arun Singh, have been admitted to the Sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years
- UN confirms six of nine Dawood Ibrahim addresses, provided by India, in Pakistan
- Turkish military returns fire in Syria after shells hit border town: Report