Four under-trial prisoners escape from Sitamarhi jail
Sitamarhi: Four under-trial prisoners escaped from a jail in Sitamarhi district of Bihar taking advantage of a scuffle between some inmates and prison guards over poor quality of food, jail sources said Tuesday.
The incident took place at the divisional jail last evening when the four undertrials escaped by utilising the commotion during a scuffle between some inmates and the guards, jail superintendent Avinash Kumar Singh said.
Singh, who was also injured in the scuffle, said that raids were being carried out to nab the missing inmates, identified as Sadre Alam, Subodh Kumar, Suraj Kumar and Vinay Baitha.
As many as a dozen prisoners and jail guards sustained injuries in the scuffle and they were given first-aid by the doctors last night, the jail superintendent said.
In a related incident in Sheikhpura district, two inmates were injured after they were beaten up by guards at a divisional jail while they were protesting against poor quality of food served to them last night, jail sources said.
The injured prisoners, identified as Munna Kunwar and Arun Singh, have been admitted to the Sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?