Four under-trial prisoners escape from Sitamarhi jail
Sitamarhi: Four under-trial prisoners escaped from a jail in Sitamarhi district of Bihar taking advantage of a scuffle between some inmates and prison guards over poor quality of food, jail sources said Tuesday.
The incident took place at the divisional jail last evening when the four undertrials escaped by utilising the commotion during a scuffle between some inmates and the guards, jail superintendent Avinash Kumar Singh said.
Singh, who was also injured in the scuffle, said that raids were being carried out to nab the missing inmates, identified as Sadre Alam, Subodh Kumar, Suraj Kumar and Vinay Baitha.
As many as a dozen prisoners and jail guards sustained injuries in the scuffle and they were given first-aid by the doctors last night, the jail superintendent said.
In a related incident in Sheikhpura district, two inmates were injured after they were beaten up by guards at a divisional jail while they were protesting against poor quality of food served to them last night, jail sources said.
The injured prisoners, identified as Munna Kunwar and Arun Singh, have been admitted to the Sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption