Four wanted Maoists arrested in Bihar
Gaya: Four wanted Maoists, including a proscribed CPI(Maoists) self-styled commander who was carrying a cash reward on his head were arrested from a forest in Bihar`s Gaya district on Saturday.
Gaya city superintendent of police Babu Ram said the police raided the forest following a tip-off and arrested the CPI(Maoist) `commander` Bihari Sao and the three others.
The four were wanted in connection with several cases in Bihar and Jharkhand and Sao carried a cash reward of Rs 25 thousand on his head, he said.
Three country-made pistol and five live cartridges was seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why