France for investing in education, power and hospitality in Bihar
Patna: Impressed with over 10 per cent growth rate achieved by Bihar, France on Wednesday said there was good prospect for French companies to invest in the state`s education, power and hospitality sectors.
"There is tremendous prospects for French companies to register its economic presence in Bihar in the field of education, power and hospitality sectors," French Ambassador Francois Richier told reporters at the end of his first three-day visit to the state.
Richier said he would talk to about 350 French companies in India to make Bihar their destination.
French investment in India at present stood at USD 18 billion. About 350 French companies in manufacturing, automobile, cement, mechanical engineering and beauty products had heavy investments in states like Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, NCR and Gujarat.
He said that at a meeting with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, whom he praised as a very positive man, he informed him that French companies could help in the state`s endeavour to lay stress on the power sector.
French company Snider Electric which specialised in manufacture of switch boards and solar energy could find good prospect in Bihar, he said.
The ambassador, who visited Nalanda to see the site of new International Open University and the ancient one, said an MoU was signed between Nalanda International University and French Research school EFEO for educational exchange programmes of students and faculty members.
He said there was also scope for student exchange with National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna.
There was possibility of opening French language schools in Patna and other parts of Bihar as also in history, Indology, environment science and social studies, he said.
The ambassador said that France had joined the world in condemning bomb blasts at Buddhist temple at Bodh Gaya on July 7.
"The cowardly incident has not lowered travel by French citizens to Bodh Gaya," he added.
He avoided questions on BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and comparison with his Bihar counterpart.
"I have come here to explore possibility of investments in Bihar and will not like to talk about political issues," he said.
But, in reply to a question if there was any visa ban on Narendra Modi in France, he said: "No Indian citizen is on the sanctions list in France."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh