Freight train derails in Bihar, disrupts rail services
Katihar: A container of a freight train derailed due to mechanical problems in Bihar`s Katihar district today disrupting movement of about a dozen trains on the route, a railway official said.
The incident took place between Bakhri and Karagola stations under Sonepur division of the East-Central Railway (ECR) as a container of Barauni-bound freight train derailed due to mechanical problems, the ECR Chief Public Relations Officer (CPRO) Arvind Kumar Rajak told PTI.
A dozen trains on up and line route of Katihar-Barauni sections were stranded as a result of the derailment, he said.
A number of trains including both up and down Rajdhani Express, North-East Express, Seemanchal Express and Capital Express were later diverted to their respective destinations through one working line, Rajak said.
Railway engineers have reached the spot to clear obstruction from the line so that normal railway traffic could resume at the earliest, the CPRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...