Front should not be floated for sake of contesting polls: CPI
Ranchi: Emphasising that a political front should not be formed just for the sake of contesting polls, senior CPI leader A B Bardhan on Wednesday said clear cut strategies should be formulated before floating any front.
"What should be the programme (of the Third Front)? What should be the strategies, foreign policy and domestic policy? So there is time for that (front), and we should not form a front just to fight elections," Bardhan told reporters when asked how soon the Third Front would be floated.
Bardhans sharp queries came three days after he had in Patna exuded confidence that the third front would come into shape soon and would win the 2014 general elections.
Asked to comment on the rape of a dalit girl in Haryana, Bardhan said it was a cause for concern and such incidents should be curbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon