Front should not be floated for sake of contesting polls: CPI
Ranchi: Emphasising that a political front should not be formed just for the sake of contesting polls, senior CPI leader A B Bardhan on Wednesday said clear cut strategies should be formulated before floating any front.
"What should be the programme (of the Third Front)? What should be the strategies, foreign policy and domestic policy? So there is time for that (front), and we should not form a front just to fight elections," Bardhan told reporters when asked how soon the Third Front would be floated.
Bardhans sharp queries came three days after he had in Patna exuded confidence that the third front would come into shape soon and would win the 2014 general elections.
Asked to comment on the rape of a dalit girl in Haryana, Bardhan said it was a cause for concern and such incidents should be curbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah