Full security to be given to legislators, MPs: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday said full security would be ensured to all legislators
and MPs in the state and also to the woman who killed a ruling
BJP MLA in full public view in Purnia district.
"Effective steps are being taken for ensuring full
security for the legislators and MPs," Kumar told reporters
after a state cabinet meeting here.
Those meeting MLAs and MPs would now be frisked, he said.
Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani has been asked
to ensure adequate security for Rupan Pathak, who was beaten
up by people after she stabbed ruling BJP MLA from Purnia Raj
Kishore Keshari earlier in the day.
She is now being treated at a hospital in Katihar.
Stating that the incident was an "isolated" one and it
should not recur, the CM said he has ordered a high-level
inquiry into the incident.
"The inquiry report will unravel the truth," he said.
State police headquarters should review the security of
MLAs and MPs and, if necessary, the security should be
upscaled," he said adding any security lapse involved in the
incident should also be inquired into.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?