Gangster shot dead in police encounter
Samastipur: The Special Task Force (STF) on Sunday shot dead a dreaded gangster Pramod Yadav in an encounter near Salha village in Bihar`s Samastipur district, a police officer said.
Yadav was shot dead in a retaliatory firing by the STF personnel after he had fired upon the cops in a bid to escape, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Daljit Singh said.
A carbine, a pistol and several ammunitions were seized from the gangster, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves