Gaya hooch tragedy toll rises to 12
Gaya: With the death of two more persons today, the toll in the hooch tragedy in Bihar`s Gaya district rose to 12, a police official said.
The two victims died in Rampur police station area due to health complications after consuming spurious liquor two days ago, Superintendent of Police, City, Akhtar Hussain said.
Several others have been taken ill after consuming spurious liquor and six of them were admitted in the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College.
Cases were lodged against Mantu Yadav and others for selling spurious liquor and raids were being carried to nab the accused persons, who were absconding, he said.
Raids were carried out yesterday at Yadav`s godowns and a large quantity of illicit liquor was seized from there that apparently matched with the pouches containing spurious liquor recovered from the households of the victims, Hussain said.
Yadav is the brother of the RJD MLA Surendra Yadav, who represents Belganj Assembly seat in Gaya district.
The hooch tragedy in Gaya district was the second incident in the state in the past one week after 20 persons died due to consumption of illicit liquor in adjoining Bhojpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje