Girl burnt alive for refusing to marry
Naawada: In a bizarre incident, a girl was burnt alive by unidentified persons after she refused to marry a man who demanded dowry at Bhadauni village in Bihar`s Naawada district on Wednesday, police said.
Sources revealed that the girl had refused to marry a man following dowry demand, police said.
Unidentified persons then overpowered her, sprinkled kerosene and set her on fire, the sources said.
The injured girl was later admitted to a government hospital here where she succumbed to serious burn injuries, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report