Girl burnt alive for refusing to marry
Naawada: In a bizarre incident, a girl was burnt alive by unidentified persons after she refused to marry a man who demanded dowry at Bhadauni village in Bihar`s Naawada district on Wednesday, police said.
Sources revealed that the girl had refused to marry a man following dowry demand, police said.
Unidentified persons then overpowered her, sprinkled kerosene and set her on fire, the sources said.
The injured girl was later admitted to a government hospital here where she succumbed to serious burn injuries, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state