Girl burnt alive for refusing to marry
Naawada: In a bizarre incident, a girl was burnt alive by unidentified persons after she refused to marry a man who demanded dowry at Bhadauni village in Bihar`s Naawada district on Wednesday, police said.
Sources revealed that the girl had refused to marry a man following dowry demand, police said.
Unidentified persons then overpowered her, sprinkled kerosene and set her on fire, the sources said.
The injured girl was later admitted to a government hospital here where she succumbed to serious burn injuries, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi