Girl commits suicide by jumping before train
Nawada: Apparently jilted by her lover, a young girl on friday committed suicide by jumping before a running train near the outer signal at Nawada railway station in Bihar`s Nawada district, a GRP officer said.
The deceased, identified as Kumkum Kumari (17), took the extreme step by jumping fatally before 53404 Kiul-Gaya passenger train, the Nawada GRP police station in-charge Sudhir Kumar said.
A suicide note was recovered from her bag spelling out reasons that provoked her to take her own life, he said, adding a mobile phone and her boyfriend Krishna Kumar`s photograph were also recovered from her possession.
The train services were disrupted for some time due to the suicide case, Kumar said, adding that severed body was removed from the track and sent for post-mortem.
The girl was native of Garhpur village of the district, the police officer said, adding her family members have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing