Girl commits suicide by jumping before train
Nawada: Apparently jilted by her lover, a young girl on friday committed suicide by jumping before a running train near the outer signal at Nawada railway station in Bihar`s Nawada district, a GRP officer said.
The deceased, identified as Kumkum Kumari (17), took the extreme step by jumping fatally before 53404 Kiul-Gaya passenger train, the Nawada GRP police station in-charge Sudhir Kumar said.
A suicide note was recovered from her bag spelling out reasons that provoked her to take her own life, he said, adding a mobile phone and her boyfriend Krishna Kumar`s photograph were also recovered from her possession.
The train services were disrupted for some time due to the suicide case, Kumar said, adding that severed body was removed from the track and sent for post-mortem.
The girl was native of Garhpur village of the district, the police officer said, adding her family members have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead