Girl commits suicide by jumping before train
Nawada: Apparently jilted by her lover, a young girl on friday committed suicide by jumping before a running train near the outer signal at Nawada railway station in Bihar`s Nawada district, a GRP officer said.
The deceased, identified as Kumkum Kumari (17), took the extreme step by jumping fatally before 53404 Kiul-Gaya passenger train, the Nawada GRP police station in-charge Sudhir Kumar said.
A suicide note was recovered from her bag spelling out reasons that provoked her to take her own life, he said, adding a mobile phone and her boyfriend Krishna Kumar`s photograph were also recovered from her possession.
The train services were disrupted for some time due to the suicide case, Kumar said, adding that severed body was removed from the track and sent for post-mortem.
The girl was native of Garhpur village of the district, the police officer said, adding her family members have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter