Girl dead, four others injured after lightning strikes
Sasaram: A school girl died and four others injured Monday after lightning struck on them in a village under Chenari police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, an official said.
The incident took place in Bilaspur village as lightning struck on five persons comprising four women and a girl student while they were standing in a field, Circle Officer (CO) Nagendra Mishra said.
While a Class X student Gita Devi (17) died on the spot, four other women sustained burn injuries and were admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today