Girl dead, four others injured after lightning strikes
Sasaram: A school girl died and four others injured Monday after lightning struck on them in a village under Chenari police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, an official said.
The incident took place in Bilaspur village as lightning struck on five persons comprising four women and a girl student while they were standing in a field, Circle Officer (CO) Nagendra Mishra said.
While a Class X student Gita Devi (17) died on the spot, four other women sustained burn injuries and were admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj