Girl dead, four others injured after lightning strikes
Sasaram: A school girl died and four others injured Monday after lightning struck on them in a village under Chenari police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, an official said.
The incident took place in Bilaspur village as lightning struck on five persons comprising four women and a girl student while they were standing in a field, Circle Officer (CO) Nagendra Mishra said.
While a Class X student Gita Devi (17) died on the spot, four other women sustained burn injuries and were admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?