Girl dead, four others injured after lightning strikes
Sasaram: A school girl died and four others injured Monday after lightning struck on them in a village under Chenari police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district, an official said.
The incident took place in Bilaspur village as lightning struck on five persons comprising four women and a girl student while they were standing in a field, Circle Officer (CO) Nagendra Mishra said.
While a Class X student Gita Devi (17) died on the spot, four other women sustained burn injuries and were admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest