Girl escorted to grandmother`s home
Madhubani: The girl who eloped with a boy, who was presumed dead triggering violence and arson in Bihar`s Madhubani district, was on Saturday escorted to her grandmother`s home.
The girl, Preeti Chaudhary, while recording her statement before Chief Judicial Magistrate Ashok Kumar Gupta yesterday, had said she wanted to stay with her grandmother.
Since the grandmother, Manjula Devi, was not available in court yesterday, the girl was sent to her parents home at Madhubani.
She was escorted by the police to her grandmother`s home in Karharwa village in Saharsa district by the police and her father and mother, the girl`s advocate Sanjay Kumar said.
She was medically examined yesterday and found to be a minor.
Her boyfriend, 17-year-old Prashant Kumar Jha, with whom she eloped was yesterday sent to a remand home at Darbhanga.
The boy who was assumed dead had triggered violence in the district last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing