Girl poisons father and brother in Bihar
Hajipur: Perceiving them to be a hurdle in her love affair with a man, a girl poisoned her father and brother in Malpur village in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Friday.
The teenaged girl, identified as Khushboo Kumari (13) cooked vegetable laced with a poisonous substance for dinner for her father, Shankar Mahto (35) and brother, Vikas Kumar (12) last night, police said.
The father and son died during sleep after consuming the poisonous stuff. Mahto`s wife who did not have dinner as she was feeling unwell, had a providential escape, police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
Kumari confessed to her crime and has been taken into custody on charge of murder of her father and brother, the police said adding that her boyfriend Vijay Kumar and his mother Shanti Devi, who have been made as accused in the case by the girl`s mother, Sunita Devi, were absconding
The girl had earlier tried to elope with her lover, but was apprehended by the villagers, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs