Girl poisons father and brother in Bihar
Hajipur: Perceiving them to be a hurdle in her love affair with a man, a girl poisoned her father and brother in Malpur village in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Friday.
The teenaged girl, identified as Khushboo Kumari (13) cooked vegetable laced with a poisonous substance for dinner for her father, Shankar Mahto (35) and brother, Vikas Kumar (12) last night, police said.
The father and son died during sleep after consuming the poisonous stuff. Mahto`s wife who did not have dinner as she was feeling unwell, had a providential escape, police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
Kumari confessed to her crime and has been taken into custody on charge of murder of her father and brother, the police said adding that her boyfriend Vijay Kumar and his mother Shanti Devi, who have been made as accused in the case by the girl`s mother, Sunita Devi, were absconding
The girl had earlier tried to elope with her lover, but was apprehended by the villagers, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE Brexit fallout: Europe triggers sell-off, Sensex falls over 100 points
- Euro 2016: France beat Ireland 2-1; Germany thrash Slovakia 3-0; Belgium crush Hungary 4-0
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav expands Cabinet for 7th time, Balram Yadav re-inducted
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside