Girl poisons father and brother in Bihar
Hajipur: Perceiving them to be a hurdle in her love affair with a man, a girl poisoned her father and brother in Malpur village in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Friday.
The teenaged girl, identified as Khushboo Kumari (13) cooked vegetable laced with a poisonous substance for dinner for her father, Shankar Mahto (35) and brother, Vikas Kumar (12) last night, police said.
The father and son died during sleep after consuming the poisonous stuff. Mahto`s wife who did not have dinner as she was feeling unwell, had a providential escape, police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
Kumari confessed to her crime and has been taken into custody on charge of murder of her father and brother, the police said adding that her boyfriend Vijay Kumar and his mother Shanti Devi, who have been made as accused in the case by the girl`s mother, Sunita Devi, were absconding
The girl had earlier tried to elope with her lover, but was apprehended by the villagers, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II