Girl tries to commit suicide before Nitish Kumar
Patna: A polio-hit girl, looking for a job, Monday tried to commit suicide by slashing her hand by a blade in front of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar here.
The incident occurred when the chief ministeer was busy talking to people in his weekly `Janata ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri` programme.
The girl made the attempt demanding a job assurance from the chief minister.
Kumar counselled and suggested her to do a computer course for acquiring a good job.
"I promised her that I`ll finance her computer education from my own salary," he said.
During the programme in the morning, two elderly women suffered health problem due to intense cold. They were immediately attended by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love