Girl tries to commit suicide before Nitish Kumar
Patna: A polio-hit girl, looking for a job, Monday tried to commit suicide by slashing her hand by a blade in front of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar here.
The incident occurred when the chief ministeer was busy talking to people in his weekly `Janata ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri` programme.
The girl made the attempt demanding a job assurance from the chief minister.
Kumar counselled and suggested her to do a computer course for acquiring a good job.
"I promised her that I`ll finance her computer education from my own salary," he said.
During the programme in the morning, two elderly women suffered health problem due to intense cold. They were immediately attended by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre