Girl tries to commit suicide before Nitish Kumar
Patna: A polio-hit girl, looking for a job, Monday tried to commit suicide by slashing her hand by a blade in front of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar here.
The incident occurred when the chief ministeer was busy talking to people in his weekly `Janata ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri` programme.
The girl made the attempt demanding a job assurance from the chief minister.
Kumar counselled and suggested her to do a computer course for acquiring a good job.
"I promised her that I`ll finance her computer education from my own salary," he said.
During the programme in the morning, two elderly women suffered health problem due to intense cold. They were immediately attended by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’