Girl unfriends boy on Facebook, is attacked with boiling water
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarpur: It`s hard to imagine `unfriending` a friend could lead to an attack. But this is what has happened in this district of Bihar, leaving everyone shocked.
As per reports, a Class X student - Yudhisthir Yadav – poured boiling water on the face of a Class VIII girl just because she had `unfriended` him on the popular social networking website, Facebook.
The incident happened on Wednesday in Gannipur mohalla under Kazimohammadpur police station.
The girl suffered serious burn injuries on the right side of her face and is currently admitted to a hospital for treatment.
Her condition is, however, reported to be stable and out of danger.
Kazimohammadpur police station SHO KK Quraisi said the accused has been on the run since the incident took place.
The police have conducted raids at his temporary residence in Mithanpura area and at his village home in Patepur in Vaishali district, but have failed to nab him so far.
Providing more details, the police informed that the boy used to take tuitions from the girl`s father. The boy and the girl became friends and established contact on Facebook as well.
However, the girl later became cautious about the friendship and removed the boy from her friends` list on Facebook.
This infuriarated the boy who then barged into the girl`s house on Wednesday evening and poured boiling water on her.
Is friendship on social networks safe? What`s your view? Leave a comment below.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read