Girl unfriends boy on Facebook, is attacked with boiling water
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarpur: It`s hard to imagine `unfriending` a friend could lead to an attack. But this is what has happened in this district of Bihar, leaving everyone shocked.
As per reports, a Class X student - Yudhisthir Yadav – poured boiling water on the face of a Class VIII girl just because she had `unfriended` him on the popular social networking website, Facebook.
The incident happened on Wednesday in Gannipur mohalla under Kazimohammadpur police station.
The girl suffered serious burn injuries on the right side of her face and is currently admitted to a hospital for treatment.
Her condition is, however, reported to be stable and out of danger.
Kazimohammadpur police station SHO KK Quraisi said the accused has been on the run since the incident took place.
The police have conducted raids at his temporary residence in Mithanpura area and at his village home in Patepur in Vaishali district, but have failed to nab him so far.
Providing more details, the police informed that the boy used to take tuitions from the girl`s father. The boy and the girl became friends and established contact on Facebook as well.
However, the girl later became cautious about the friendship and removed the boy from her friends` list on Facebook.
This infuriarated the boy who then barged into the girl`s house on Wednesday evening and poured boiling water on her.
Is friendship on social networks safe? What`s your view? Leave a comment below.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed