Girls sweep Bihar madrassa board results
Patna: Girls have created history by securing top ranks in Class 10 examination conducted by the Bihar Madrassa Education Board, officials here said.
Nasra Khatoon, of Dakhi village of Madhubani district, has secured the first rank in Class 10 (Fauquania) level examination and Umme Eman of Baunsi village of the same district has bagged the second rank, a board official aid after the results were declared Wednesday.
Maulana Ajaj Ahmad, chairman of the Madrassa Education Board of Bihar, told IANS here that these girls have made a new beginning.
"They have proved that girls can also top examinations conducted by the madrassa board like the CBSE, ICSE and the Bihar State Examination Board," he said.
Girls studying in madrassas have taken the lead not only in the Class 10 level (Fauquania) but also in other examination conducted by the madrassa board.
In the Fauquania exam, 66,988 girls passed whereas the figure for boys stood at 43,233. Similarly, in Maulavi exam (Class 12 level), more girls -- 37,391 -- passed as compared to 33,332 boys.
"Girls have outperformed boys in the Class 10 examination of the madrassa board," Ahmad said, adding that this year, of the 27 students who shared the top ten ranks n Fauquania examination, 21 were girls.
In the Madrassa board exams, girls have been doing better than boys for the last few years, he added.
Bihar has over 4,000 madrassas, including over 1,118 state-run Islamic schools. There are 2,459 unaided madrassas and hundreds of others operating at different places.
According to the first ever status paper brought out by the Bihar State Madrassa Education Board, there are only 32 madrassas for girls under the government-aided category and 576 in the unaided category. Bihar Muslim women have a low literacy rate of 31.5 percent only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...