Global Bihar Summit 2012 begins today
Patna: A host of dignitaries from India and abroad would participate in the Global Bihar Summit 2012 which is beginning on Friday.
The three-day sumit would be inaugurated by Nepal Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai, who arrived here with a 17-member delegation from Kathmandu.
Bhattarai was received at the Jayaprakash Narayan International Airport here by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi, cabinet colleagues and top state officials,
including Chief Secretary Nivin Kumar, Director General of Police Abhayanand and Home Secretary Aamir Subhhani and Cabinet secretary Ravikant.
State Legislative Council chairman Tarakant Jha and state Assembly Speaker U N Choudhary were also present.
The summit on changing Bihar is being jointly organized by Bihar Foundation, Asian Development Research Institute (ADRI) and Institute for Human Development, New Delhi.
It would have pre-event presentations, six plenary sessions and 11 parallel thematic workshops. The valedictory session of the summit would be held on February 19.
Modi said about 1000 delegates from India and abroad were expected to participate in the summit, out of which about 150 would be distinguished academicians, practioners, Subject
experts from various fields, industrialists and entrepreneurs.
Among the invitees were Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, RBI governor D Subba Rao, British economist Nicholas Stern, British Parliamentarian Lord
Meghnad Desai, SEBI Chairman U K Sinha, Planning Commission member Abhijit Sen, Industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla, Lyricist/Poet Javed Akhtar and Film maker Prakash Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers