`Going alone in 2014 polls would be suicidal for JD(U)`
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said if the JD(U) opted to go alone in the General Elections in 2014, it would be a "suicidal" step for the party.
"If the JD(U) wishes to go alone in the general polls or tie-up with the Congress, it will be a suicide for them," Swamy, who was here to attend the party`s National Executive meeting, told reporters here.
He said that he also expects the support of the parties like AIADMK and TMC to NDA after the polls.
During the party meeting, he was elected as its president for a three-year term after a series of resolutions were passed keeping the Lok Sabha elections in mind.
Swamy said that he expects the general polls to be held sometime in October and his party is preparing for the same.
Drumming up support for the BJP-led NDA, he said, "The UPA government has lost its credibility after the series of scams and terrorist attacks in the country and it is just a matter of time that the NDA will come to power".
Swamy said that the government should have dealt with the series of terror attacks and provocation by Pakistan more sternly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video