`Going alone in 2014 polls would be suicidal for JD(U)`
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said if the JD(U) opted to go alone in the General Elections in 2014, it would be a "suicidal" step for the party.
"If the JD(U) wishes to go alone in the general polls or tie-up with the Congress, it will be a suicide for them," Swamy, who was here to attend the party`s National Executive meeting, told reporters here.
He said that he also expects the support of the parties like AIADMK and TMC to NDA after the polls.
During the party meeting, he was elected as its president for a three-year term after a series of resolutions were passed keeping the Lok Sabha elections in mind.
Swamy said that he expects the general polls to be held sometime in October and his party is preparing for the same.
Drumming up support for the BJP-led NDA, he said, "The UPA government has lost its credibility after the series of scams and terrorist attacks in the country and it is just a matter of time that the NDA will come to power".
Swamy said that the government should have dealt with the series of terror attacks and provocation by Pakistan more sternly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'