`Going alone in 2014 polls would be suicidal for JD(U)`
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said if the JD(U) opted to go alone in the General Elections in 2014, it would be a "suicidal" step for the party.
"If the JD(U) wishes to go alone in the general polls or tie-up with the Congress, it will be a suicide for them," Swamy, who was here to attend the party`s National Executive meeting, told reporters here.
He said that he also expects the support of the parties like AIADMK and TMC to NDA after the polls.
During the party meeting, he was elected as its president for a three-year term after a series of resolutions were passed keeping the Lok Sabha elections in mind.
Swamy said that he expects the general polls to be held sometime in October and his party is preparing for the same.
Drumming up support for the BJP-led NDA, he said, "The UPA government has lost its credibility after the series of scams and terrorist attacks in the country and it is just a matter of time that the NDA will come to power".
Swamy said that the government should have dealt with the series of terror attacks and provocation by Pakistan more sternly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview