Goods train derails in Bihar, no casualties
Patna: Twenty-six wagons of a goods train derailed in Bihar`s Kaimur district early Friday, damaging tracks and disrupting train services, reports said.
However, no casualties were reported in the incident.
The train derailed near Bhabhua Railway Station in Kaimur in Gaya-Mughalsarai section of the East Central Railway.
"Rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Howrah route is badly affected. Rescue operations will take 15 hours before normal services resume," said Anup Kumar, divisional railway manager of Mughalsarai.
Another railway official said the derailment blocked tracks as a few wagons rolled down to the side track, resulting in change of route of trains including Rajdhani Express.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list