‘Governor has withheld seven bills till now’
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi on Tuesday said the non-clearance of seven bills still being withheld by Governor Devanand Konwar was causing "lots of
difficulties" in the field of higher education.
"There are seven bills which are still pending, awaiting
clearance from Governor... the non-clearance of those bills
has caused lot of difficulties in carrying out works by the
state government in the field of higher education", Modi told
The bills still being withheld by Rajbhavan, include
Bihar University Judicial Tribunal Bill 2010, Bihar State
School Teacher and Employees` Dispute Redressal Tribunal bill
2011, Bihar State University Commission Bill 2011, Patna
University (Amendment) Bill 2011, Bihar Administrative
Tribunal Bill 2011 and Bihar non-gazetted secondary school
Bill 2011, he said.
Modi said there were around 4,000 cases related to
service conditions of serving teachers in colleges pending in
courts and so the state government decided to set up a
tribunal for speedy disposal of cases.
"For the purpose, Bihar University Tribunal 2010 bill has
been passed by the state assembly and forwarded to the
Governor for clearance," he said adding the bill had not been
cleared by Rajbhavan as yet.
The Deputy Chief Minister said the state government had
sent 18 bills passed by the state assembly to the Governor
during the budget session. "The Governor has cleared 12 bills
out of 18, while another bill passed by the house in 2010 is
also pending with the Governor", he said.
"We expect that the Governor will take a favourable
decision and clear the seven bills before July 15 the day the
monsoon session of the house will begin", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes