‘Governor has withheld seven bills till now’
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi on Tuesday said the non-clearance of seven bills still being withheld by Governor Devanand Konwar was causing "lots of
difficulties" in the field of higher education.
"There are seven bills which are still pending, awaiting
clearance from Governor... the non-clearance of those bills
has caused lot of difficulties in carrying out works by the
state government in the field of higher education", Modi told
The bills still being withheld by Rajbhavan, include
Bihar University Judicial Tribunal Bill 2010, Bihar State
School Teacher and Employees` Dispute Redressal Tribunal bill
2011, Bihar State University Commission Bill 2011, Patna
University (Amendment) Bill 2011, Bihar Administrative
Tribunal Bill 2011 and Bihar non-gazetted secondary school
Bill 2011, he said.
Modi said there were around 4,000 cases related to
service conditions of serving teachers in colleges pending in
courts and so the state government decided to set up a
tribunal for speedy disposal of cases.
"For the purpose, Bihar University Tribunal 2010 bill has
been passed by the state assembly and forwarded to the
Governor for clearance," he said adding the bill had not been
cleared by Rajbhavan as yet.
The Deputy Chief Minister said the state government had
sent 18 bills passed by the state assembly to the Governor
during the budget session. "The Governor has cleared 12 bills
out of 18, while another bill passed by the house in 2010 is
also pending with the Governor", he said.
"We expect that the Governor will take a favourable
decision and clear the seven bills before July 15 the day the
monsoon session of the house will begin", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof