Govt funds to be parked in nationalised banks only
Patna: Bihar government has issued an order
that the funds of the central and state governments, besides
whatever earned through other sources, must be parked in
nationalised banks or regional rural banks in Bihar.
"The funds of the central and state governments and
whatever other amount received through other sources be parked
only in national banks or regional rural banks in Bihar",
state Finance department`s Principal Secretary Rameshwar Singh
said in a circular, the copy of which was made available to
mediamen, at the State Level Bankers` Committee (SLBC) Meet
"In no circumstances, such funds be transacted through
private banks", the circular said.
The state government had also decided that the Finance
department (Institutional Finance) would circulate the list of
the banks district-wise every quarter, it would not be
appropriate to keep the funds in such banks whose performance
was found to be far from satisfactory during the review,
Singh said, adding the directive would be strictly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Jurassic World 2' to begin production in Hawaii next year
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?