Govt funds to be parked in nationalised banks only
Patna: Bihar government has issued an order
that the funds of the central and state governments, besides
whatever earned through other sources, must be parked in
nationalised banks or regional rural banks in Bihar.
"The funds of the central and state governments and
whatever other amount received through other sources be parked
only in national banks or regional rural banks in Bihar",
state Finance department`s Principal Secretary Rameshwar Singh
said in a circular, the copy of which was made available to
mediamen, at the State Level Bankers` Committee (SLBC) Meet
"In no circumstances, such funds be transacted through
private banks", the circular said.
The state government had also decided that the Finance
department (Institutional Finance) would circulate the list of
the banks district-wise every quarter, it would not be
appropriate to keep the funds in such banks whose performance
was found to be far from satisfactory during the review,
Singh said, adding the directive would be strictly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray