Govt funds to be parked in nationalised banks only
Patna: Bihar government has issued an order
that the funds of the central and state governments, besides
whatever earned through other sources, must be parked in
nationalised banks or regional rural banks in Bihar.
"The funds of the central and state governments and
whatever other amount received through other sources be parked
only in national banks or regional rural banks in Bihar",
state Finance department`s Principal Secretary Rameshwar Singh
said in a circular, the copy of which was made available to
mediamen, at the State Level Bankers` Committee (SLBC) Meet
"In no circumstances, such funds be transacted through
private banks", the circular said.
The state government had also decided that the Finance
department (Institutional Finance) would circulate the list of
the banks district-wise every quarter, it would not be
appropriate to keep the funds in such banks whose performance
was found to be far from satisfactory during the review,
Singh said, adding the directive would be strictly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!
- Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater signs new five-year contract
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad