Govt orders removal of illegal mobile towers in Patna
Patna: The Bihar government on Wednesday ordered removal of 784 communication towers of different mobile companies located within the 100 metre radius of residential, hospital and school areas in the state capital.
In reply to a question of BJP`s Baidyanath Prasad in the Legislative Council, Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar said he has given directives to Commissioner of Patna municipal corporation to remove all 784 mobile towers from four circles of the state capital as they are health hazards.
The minister further said the large number of mobile towers are not registered under Bihar Communication Towers and Related Structures Rules 2012 and are illegally functioning in the residential areas.
The minister warned that those failing to get registered by the communication rules would be dealt with severely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars