Govt orders removal of illegal mobile towers in Patna
Patna: The Bihar government on Wednesday ordered removal of 784 communication towers of different mobile companies located within the 100 metre radius of residential, hospital and school areas in the state capital.
In reply to a question of BJP`s Baidyanath Prasad in the Legislative Council, Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar said he has given directives to Commissioner of Patna municipal corporation to remove all 784 mobile towers from four circles of the state capital as they are health hazards.
The minister further said the large number of mobile towers are not registered under Bihar Communication Towers and Related Structures Rules 2012 and are illegally functioning in the residential areas.
The minister warned that those failing to get registered by the communication rules would be dealt with severely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt