Govt school headmaster beaten to death in Bihar
Patna: The headmaster of a government-run middle school was beaten to death by some people Monday in Bihar`s Munger district, police officials said.
Ashok Kumar, headmaster of Bhadwakol middle school under the Haveli-Kharagpur police station in Munger, about 170 km from here, was beaten to death by some men, who allegedly demanded `rangdari tax` from him for construction of the school building, police said.
The slain headmaster had lodged an FIR against three people for their extortion bid, police sid.
According to police, some powerful local men Monday morning visited the headmaster in the school and asked him to withdraw the case against them. But the headmaster refused to yield to their diktat. This angered them, and they first abused him and then thrashed him.
"The headmaster died on the spot and the accused fled," police said.
The headmaster`s family has lodged a case and alleged that he was killed after he refused to pay `rangdari tax` to those who attacked hin later Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state