Govt school headmaster beaten to death in Bihar
Patna: The headmaster of a government-run middle school was beaten to death by some people Monday in Bihar`s Munger district, police officials said.
Ashok Kumar, headmaster of Bhadwakol middle school under the Haveli-Kharagpur police station in Munger, about 170 km from here, was beaten to death by some men, who allegedly demanded `rangdari tax` from him for construction of the school building, police said.
The slain headmaster had lodged an FIR against three people for their extortion bid, police sid.
According to police, some powerful local men Monday morning visited the headmaster in the school and asked him to withdraw the case against them. But the headmaster refused to yield to their diktat. This angered them, and they first abused him and then thrashed him.
"The headmaster died on the spot and the accused fled," police said.
The headmaster`s family has lodged a case and alleged that he was killed after he refused to pay `rangdari tax` to those who attacked hin later Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi