Govt school headmaster beaten to death in Bihar
Patna: The headmaster of a government-run middle school was beaten to death by some people Monday in Bihar`s Munger district, police officials said.
Ashok Kumar, headmaster of Bhadwakol middle school under the Haveli-Kharagpur police station in Munger, about 170 km from here, was beaten to death by some men, who allegedly demanded `rangdari tax` from him for construction of the school building, police said.
The slain headmaster had lodged an FIR against three people for their extortion bid, police sid.
According to police, some powerful local men Monday morning visited the headmaster in the school and asked him to withdraw the case against them. But the headmaster refused to yield to their diktat. This angered them, and they first abused him and then thrashed him.
"The headmaster died on the spot and the accused fled," police said.
The headmaster`s family has lodged a case and alleged that he was killed after he refused to pay `rangdari tax` to those who attacked hin later Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter