Greedy persons are hankering for MP, PM`s post: Lalu
Patna: With rebel party leader Ramkripal Yadav all set to join BJP, RJD President and his mentor Lalu Prasad Tuesday said "greedy" persons were hankering to become MP and PM while he was engaged in fighting communal forces.
"I am busy fighting communal forces, but greedy people are hankering to become MP and Prime Minister," Prasad told reporters.
Though he did not take any name, his barbs were aimed at Ramkripal Yadav, Gulam Gaus and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who had said that he was more qualified to become Prime Minister.
However, Prasad said, his blessings were there for him (Yadav) and his family.
Yadav resigned from all party posts in the RJD after Prasad nominated his daughter Misa Bharti for Patliputra Lok Sabha seat ignoring his claim.
Misa Bharti`s efforts to persuade her "uncle" (Yadav) did not yield result as the RJD chief said horses cannot be changed in the midst of race.
Former Chief Minister Rabri Devi also tried to play down Yadav`s leaving the party to join BJP.
"Koi kisi ko rok nahin sakta edhar se udhar jane se (nobody can stop anybody from hopping from one party to another)," she told reporters.
She, however, said Yadav`s exit would have no impact on the party.
Misa Bharti was not available for comments as she was busy campaigning in Patliputra constituency. But, her husband Shailesh Singh said they would react after Ramkripal Yadav uncle "eats BJP laddoo."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO