Grid collapse affects Bihar
Patna: The collapse of the eastern grid disrupted normal life in Bihar, which witnessed power failure and delay in train services on Tuesday.
Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB) sources said distribution of electricity was disrupted in the state from 1:02 PM.
All the functional units of NTPC at Kahalgaon stopped generation from 1 PM because of technical problems in the grids, official sources said.
BSEB Chairman P K Rai and other senior officials were conducting meetings to ensure early restoration of electricity. "We are in constant touch with Eastern Region Load Despatch centre," they said.
Patna went totally without power and work was paralysed at the secretariat for several hours due to the grid failure. Officials worked using lamps and emergency set ups.
Several trains, including New Delhi-Patna Magadh Express, Rajgir-New Delhi Shramajeevi Express and passenger trains were stranded at various places.
East Central Railway (ECR) Chief Public Relations Officer Amitabh Prabhakar told PTI that more than 30 trains, including 18 mail and express and over 48 goods trains were stranded at various places since 1 PM.
"We are making alternative arrangements by mobilising diesel engines so that trains reach places where passengers can buy food items," Prabhakar said.
ECR officials are in constant touch with BSEB for restoration of power, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users