Grid collapse affects Bihar
Patna: The collapse of the eastern grid disrupted normal life in Bihar, which witnessed power failure and delay in train services on Tuesday.
Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB) sources said distribution of electricity was disrupted in the state from 1:02 PM.
All the functional units of NTPC at Kahalgaon stopped generation from 1 PM because of technical problems in the grids, official sources said.
BSEB Chairman P K Rai and other senior officials were conducting meetings to ensure early restoration of electricity. "We are in constant touch with Eastern Region Load Despatch centre," they said.
Patna went totally without power and work was paralysed at the secretariat for several hours due to the grid failure. Officials worked using lamps and emergency set ups.
Several trains, including New Delhi-Patna Magadh Express, Rajgir-New Delhi Shramajeevi Express and passenger trains were stranded at various places.
East Central Railway (ECR) Chief Public Relations Officer Amitabh Prabhakar told PTI that more than 30 trains, including 18 mail and express and over 48 goods trains were stranded at various places since 1 PM.
"We are making alternative arrangements by mobilising diesel engines so that trains reach places where passengers can buy food items," Prabhakar said.
ECR officials are in constant touch with BSEB for restoration of power, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends