Group clash in Guru Harmandir Saheb, 3 injured
Patna: Three persons were injured on Tuesday when two groups clashed over appointment of an `outsider` as additional chief Granthi of the Takht Harmandir Saheb Sikh shrine in old Patna area, police said.
"The three were injured when two groups clashed with each other with swords over appointment of an `outsider` Pratap Singh as Additional Chief Granthi of the Takht Harmandir Saheb," the birth place of 10th Guru Gobind Singh, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
The injured have been identified as Jathedar Iqbal Singh, his son Prakash Singh and an another person, the DSP said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj was at the temple shrine to broker peace between the two groups.
Prakash Utsav was being celebrated at the shrine to observe the 347th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today
- Court order shuts down WhatsApp in Brazil, again