Group clash in Guru Harmandir Saheb, 3 injured
Patna: Three persons were injured on Tuesday when two groups clashed over appointment of an `outsider` as additional chief Granthi of the Takht Harmandir Saheb Sikh shrine in old Patna area, police said.
"The three were injured when two groups clashed with each other with swords over appointment of an `outsider` Pratap Singh as Additional Chief Granthi of the Takht Harmandir Saheb," the birth place of 10th Guru Gobind Singh, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
The injured have been identified as Jathedar Iqbal Singh, his son Prakash Singh and an another person, the DSP said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj was at the temple shrine to broker peace between the two groups.
Prakash Utsav was being celebrated at the shrine to observe the 347th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory