GRP and RPF personnel suspended for dereliction of duty
Sasaram (Bihar): Railway authorities Sunday suspended eight personnel of RPF and GRP on charge of dereliction of duty to prevent robbery in a train near Karbandia station in Bihar`s Rohtas district, sources said.
The Mughalsarai division`s RPF commandant A K Barnwal suspended four RPF officer -- B Marandi, Ashutosh Ranjan, Rajnarayan Singh and Jitendra Kumar -- for their failure to prevent robbery in Asansol-Varanasi Express by about 15 robbers who had allegedly looted cash and belongings of the passengers last night, the sources said.
All the suspended RPF men were put on escort duty in that train last night, they said.
Four GRP men were also suspended on similar charge in the same incident, the sources said.
An FIR was lodged at Sasaram GRP by some passengers about loot of their cash and valuables in the Asansol-Varanasi express last night, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote