GRP and RPF personnel suspended for dereliction of duty
Sasaram (Bihar): Railway authorities Sunday suspended eight personnel of RPF and GRP on charge of dereliction of duty to prevent robbery in a train near Karbandia station in Bihar`s Rohtas district, sources said.
The Mughalsarai division`s RPF commandant A K Barnwal suspended four RPF officer -- B Marandi, Ashutosh Ranjan, Rajnarayan Singh and Jitendra Kumar -- for their failure to prevent robbery in Asansol-Varanasi Express by about 15 robbers who had allegedly looted cash and belongings of the passengers last night, the sources said.
All the suspended RPF men were put on escort duty in that train last night, they said.
Four GRP men were also suspended on similar charge in the same incident, the sources said.
An FIR was lodged at Sasaram GRP by some passengers about loot of their cash and valuables in the Asansol-Varanasi express last night, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda