Gulam Gaus resigns from RJD
Patna: In yet another blow to the RJD, its disgruntled MLC Gulam Gaus on Monday resigned from the primary membership of the party and is set to join JD(U).
"I have sent my resignation from the primary membership of the RJD to its supremo Lalu Prasad," he told a news agency.
Gaus, a prominent Muslim face in RJD, said the JD(U) leadership has assured him a ticket for Madhubani parliamentary seat.
He slammed Prasad for distributing tickets for the coming general elections to newcomers by overlooking claims of trusted leaders who had stood by him during turbulent times over the past one decade.
His resignation comes close on the heels of RJD Rajya Sabha MP Ramkripal Yadav`s announcement to quit all posts in the party couple of days ago.
Yadav had quit RJD in protest against party supremo`s decision to overlook his claims on Pataliputra seat, which he had represented for three terms and nominate his eldest daughter Misa Bharti instead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016