Gulam Gaus resigns from RJD
Patna: In yet another blow to the RJD, its disgruntled MLC Gulam Gaus on Monday resigned from the primary membership of the party and is set to join JD(U).
"I have sent my resignation from the primary membership of the RJD to its supremo Lalu Prasad," he told a news agency.
Gaus, a prominent Muslim face in RJD, said the JD(U) leadership has assured him a ticket for Madhubani parliamentary seat.
He slammed Prasad for distributing tickets for the coming general elections to newcomers by overlooking claims of trusted leaders who had stood by him during turbulent times over the past one decade.
His resignation comes close on the heels of RJD Rajya Sabha MP Ramkripal Yadav`s announcement to quit all posts in the party couple of days ago.
Yadav had quit RJD in protest against party supremo`s decision to overlook his claims on Pataliputra seat, which he had represented for three terms and nominate his eldest daughter Misa Bharti instead.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion