Gulam Gaus resigns from RJD
Patna: In yet another blow to the RJD, its disgruntled MLC Gulam Gaus on Monday resigned from the primary membership of the party and is set to join JD(U).
"I have sent my resignation from the primary membership of the RJD to its supremo Lalu Prasad," he told a news agency.
Gaus, a prominent Muslim face in RJD, said the JD(U) leadership has assured him a ticket for Madhubani parliamentary seat.
He slammed Prasad for distributing tickets for the coming general elections to newcomers by overlooking claims of trusted leaders who had stood by him during turbulent times over the past one decade.
His resignation comes close on the heels of RJD Rajya Sabha MP Ramkripal Yadav`s announcement to quit all posts in the party couple of days ago.
Yadav had quit RJD in protest against party supremo`s decision to overlook his claims on Pataliputra seat, which he had represented for three terms and nominate his eldest daughter Misa Bharti instead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists