Gulam Gaus resigns from RJD
Patna: In yet another blow to the RJD, its disgruntled MLC Gulam Gaus on Monday resigned from the primary membership of the party and is set to join JD(U).
"I have sent my resignation from the primary membership of the RJD to its supremo Lalu Prasad," he told a news agency.
Gaus, a prominent Muslim face in RJD, said the JD(U) leadership has assured him a ticket for Madhubani parliamentary seat.
He slammed Prasad for distributing tickets for the coming general elections to newcomers by overlooking claims of trusted leaders who had stood by him during turbulent times over the past one decade.
His resignation comes close on the heels of RJD Rajya Sabha MP Ramkripal Yadav`s announcement to quit all posts in the party couple of days ago.
Yadav had quit RJD in protest against party supremo`s decision to overlook his claims on Pataliputra seat, which he had represented for three terms and nominate his eldest daughter Misa Bharti instead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States