Gunmen target Bihar mukhia
Sitamarhi: A mukhia was on Friday shot at and
critically injured by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sitamarhi
district, a police official said.
He was rushed to Sri Krishna Memorial College and
Hospital at Muzaffarpur where he succumbed to his injuries,
superintendent of police Vivek Kumar said.
The mukhia of Apauli Sauli panchayat, Hari Shankar
Prasad, was standing near Belsand sub-division office when
motorcycle-borne assailants fired indiscrimately wounding him
critically, Kumar said
An advocate by profession and an activist of 1974
anti-corruption movement, Prasad was elected as the mukhia of
Apauli Sauli panchayat earlier this year.
A murder case has been registered and raids were being
carried out to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah