Gunmen target Bihar mukhia
Sitamarhi: A mukhia was on Friday shot at and
critically injured by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sitamarhi
district, a police official said.
He was rushed to Sri Krishna Memorial College and
Hospital at Muzaffarpur where he succumbed to his injuries,
superintendent of police Vivek Kumar said.
The mukhia of Apauli Sauli panchayat, Hari Shankar
Prasad, was standing near Belsand sub-division office when
motorcycle-borne assailants fired indiscrimately wounding him
critically, Kumar said
An advocate by profession and an activist of 1974
anti-corruption movement, Prasad was elected as the mukhia of
Apauli Sauli panchayat earlier this year.
A murder case has been registered and raids were being
carried out to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon