Gunmen target Bihar mukhia
Sitamarhi: A mukhia was on Friday shot at and
critically injured by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sitamarhi
district, a police official said.
He was rushed to Sri Krishna Memorial College and
Hospital at Muzaffarpur where he succumbed to his injuries,
superintendent of police Vivek Kumar said.
The mukhia of Apauli Sauli panchayat, Hari Shankar
Prasad, was standing near Belsand sub-division office when
motorcycle-borne assailants fired indiscrimately wounding him
critically, Kumar said
An advocate by profession and an activist of 1974
anti-corruption movement, Prasad was elected as the mukhia of
Apauli Sauli panchayat earlier this year.
A murder case has been registered and raids were being
carried out to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore