Hackers post bomb threat on Bihar Tourism website
Patna: A threat of Hyderabad-like blasts to avenge the hanging of Afzal Guru was posted on the website of Bihar Tourism department after it was attacked by hackers Saturday morning.
Bihar Tourism minister Sunil Kumar Pintu said the website ww.Bihartourism.Gov.In remained hacked from morning till 2:30 pm.
The hackers posted the threat to repeat Hyderabad-like blasts, besides message like `Pakistan Zindabad`, he said.
The website is maintained by Mumbai-based IT company Amatya Media.
The website was later restored and the company is trying to trace the hackers, Pintu said, adding the department would lodge an FIR against unknown cyber criminals in the case.
Inspector General of Police (Economic Offence Wing) Praveen Vashist said as soon as the information about hacking was received, action was initiated and the site was restored by the host server.
If the cyber crime wing gets any complain from the tourism department it would probe the incident, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion