Hardcore Maoist arrested in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Police on Thursday arrested a hardcore Maoist with arms and ammunition from Goraula hills of Rohtas district, a police official said.
The Maoist has been identified as Sitaram Nunia alias Gabbar, said to be a self-styled commander of the CPI (Maoist)`s Sone-Vindhyachal zone, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
Nunia was wanted in more than 30 cases.
A .303 police rifle and five rounds of ammunition was seized from his possession, the SP said adding that the ultra was being interrogated to find out details about his activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?