Hardcore Maoist arrested in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Police on Thursday arrested a hardcore Maoist with arms and ammunition from Goraula hills of Rohtas district, a police official said.
The Maoist has been identified as Sitaram Nunia alias Gabbar, said to be a self-styled commander of the CPI (Maoist)`s Sone-Vindhyachal zone, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
Nunia was wanted in more than 30 cases.
A .303 police rifle and five rounds of ammunition was seized from his possession, the SP said adding that the ultra was being interrogated to find out details about his activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details