Hardcore Maoist arrested in Bihar
Patna: A hardcore Maoist was arrested today by Special Task Force (STF) from Buxar and a levy money of Rs 63,000 recovered from him, a senior police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, the STF team arrested Azad Paswan from Sikaraul police station of Buxar, Inspector General of Police Amit Kumar said.
He was accused in 10 cases in Buxar and Rohtas districts.
The IG said Paswan told his interrogators that he was secretary, Sone Vindhyachal zone committee of the ultra outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured