Hardcore Maoist guerrilla held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: A hardcore Maoist guerrilla was arrested on Saturday from Kaimur hills in Chutia police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The security forces caught Maoist cadre Suresh Paswan during a combing operation, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
A printer and scanner were seized from the possession of the ultra, who was said to be the self-styled sub-zonal commander of Rohtas and Sonebhadra region, he said.
A native of Nawadih village, Paswan was wanted in at least 18 cases of violence and related activities in the district and adjoining area across Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon