Hardcore Maoist guerrilla held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: A hardcore Maoist guerrilla was arrested on Saturday from Kaimur hills in Chutia police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The security forces caught Maoist cadre Suresh Paswan during a combing operation, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
A printer and scanner were seized from the possession of the ultra, who was said to be the self-styled sub-zonal commander of Rohtas and Sonebhadra region, he said.
A native of Nawadih village, Paswan was wanted in at least 18 cases of violence and related activities in the district and adjoining area across Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia