Hardcore Maoist guerrilla held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: A hardcore Maoist guerrilla was arrested on Saturday from Kaimur hills in Chutia police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The security forces caught Maoist cadre Suresh Paswan during a combing operation, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
A printer and scanner were seized from the possession of the ultra, who was said to be the self-styled sub-zonal commander of Rohtas and Sonebhadra region, he said.
A native of Nawadih village, Paswan was wanted in at least 18 cases of violence and related activities in the district and adjoining area across Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February