Hardcore Maoist guerrilla held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: A hardcore Maoist guerrilla was arrested on Saturday from Kaimur hills in Chutia police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The security forces caught Maoist cadre Suresh Paswan during a combing operation, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
A printer and scanner were seized from the possession of the ultra, who was said to be the self-styled sub-zonal commander of Rohtas and Sonebhadra region, he said.
A native of Nawadih village, Paswan was wanted in at least 18 cases of violence and related activities in the district and adjoining area across Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?