Hardcore Maoist guerrilla held in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone: A hardcore Maoist guerrilla was arrested on Saturday from Kaimur hills in Chutia police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The security forces caught Maoist cadre Suresh Paswan during a combing operation, Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
A printer and scanner were seized from the possession of the ultra, who was said to be the self-styled sub-zonal commander of Rohtas and Sonebhadra region, he said.
A native of Nawadih village, Paswan was wanted in at least 18 cases of violence and related activities in the district and adjoining area across Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015