Hardcore Maoist held from Bihar
Bihar: A hardcore Maoist was arrested today from Kharagpur police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hide-out and nabbed the hardened Maoist, identified as Manoj Yadav, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Barun Kumar Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav was wanted in connection with more than a dozen incidents of naxal-related violence in the district, he said.
He had escaped from Bhimbundh jungle during a massive combing and search operation by the security forces two months ago, the SP said, adding the wanted ultra was being interrogated for his involvement in various incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef