Hardcore Maoist held from Bihar
Bihar: A hardcore Maoist was arrested today from Kharagpur police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hide-out and nabbed the hardened Maoist, identified as Manoj Yadav, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Barun Kumar Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav was wanted in connection with more than a dozen incidents of naxal-related violence in the district, he said.
He had escaped from Bhimbundh jungle during a massive combing and search operation by the security forces two months ago, the SP said, adding the wanted ultra was being interrogated for his involvement in various incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP