Hardcore Maoist held from Bihar
Bihar: A hardcore Maoist was arrested today from Kharagpur police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hide-out and nabbed the hardened Maoist, identified as Manoj Yadav, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Barun Kumar Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav was wanted in connection with more than a dozen incidents of naxal-related violence in the district, he said.
He had escaped from Bhimbundh jungle during a massive combing and search operation by the security forces two months ago, the SP said, adding the wanted ultra was being interrogated for his involvement in various incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire