Hardcore Maoist held from Bihar
Bihar: A hardcore Maoist was arrested today from Kharagpur police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hide-out and nabbed the hardened Maoist, identified as Manoj Yadav, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Barun Kumar Kumar Sinha said.
Yadav was wanted in connection with more than a dozen incidents of naxal-related violence in the district, he said.
He had escaped from Bhimbundh jungle during a massive combing and search operation by the security forces two months ago, the SP said, adding the wanted ultra was being interrogated for his involvement in various incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city