Hardcore Maoist held in Bihar
Banka: A hardcore Maoist, carrying a
reward of Rs. 50,000 on his head, has been arrested from a place under Belhar police station area in Bihar`s Banka district, police said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Banka and Jamui police nabbed the hardcore Maoist, identified as Rakesh Kumar alias Avinash, from Belahana locality last night where he was going to attend a marriage function, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vikas Varman said.
The ultra was wanted in over a dozen cases of naxal violence in Banka, Jamui and Munger districts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling