Hardcore Maoist held in Bihar
Banka: A hardcore Maoist, carrying a
reward of Rs. 50,000 on his head, has been arrested from a place under Belhar police station area in Bihar`s Banka district, police said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Banka and Jamui police nabbed the hardcore Maoist, identified as Rakesh Kumar alias Avinash, from Belahana locality last night where he was going to attend a marriage function, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vikas Varman said.
The ultra was wanted in over a dozen cases of naxal violence in Banka, Jamui and Munger districts, he said.
- MUST WATCH: Subramanian Swamy vs Asaduddin Owaisi - Heated debate on Ayodhya, Ram Mandir issue
- Italian agency orders Facebook to provide data to its user
- A third of autistic kids likely to wander away
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS