Hardcore Maoist involved in killing of Munger SP arrested
Banka: A hardcore Maoist involved in killing of the then Munger Superintendent of Police K C Surendra Babu was arrested on Wednesday from a jungle here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police raided a jungle on the border of Banka and Jhajha and arrested the Maoist Bachandeo Yadav, Banka Superintendent of Police Pushkar Anand told PTI.
The arrested Maoist has admitted his involvement in killing of the then Munger SP K C Surendra Babu in 2005, Anand said.
Naxalites of CPI(Maoist) had set off a landmine killing Police Superintendent Surendra Babu and six other policemen on January 5, 2005 when they were returning from an operation against the outlawed ultra-Leftists.
They had detonated the landmine planted by them through a remote control device when the Gypsy carrying Surendra Babu reached near Gangta (Bhimbandh).
Anand said that the Maoist also admitted his involvement in loot of 5 Insas rifles from Bihar Military Police jawans from near Kajra station in Jehanabad district in the past.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan