Hardcore Maoist involved in killing of Munger SP arrested
Banka: A hardcore Maoist involved in killing of the then Munger Superintendent of Police K C Surendra Babu was arrested on Wednesday from a jungle here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police raided a jungle on the border of Banka and Jhajha and arrested the Maoist Bachandeo Yadav, Banka Superintendent of Police Pushkar Anand told PTI.
The arrested Maoist has admitted his involvement in killing of the then Munger SP K C Surendra Babu in 2005, Anand said.
Naxalites of CPI(Maoist) had set off a landmine killing Police Superintendent Surendra Babu and six other policemen on January 5, 2005 when they were returning from an operation against the outlawed ultra-Leftists.
They had detonated the landmine planted by them through a remote control device when the Gypsy carrying Surendra Babu reached near Gangta (Bhimbandh).
Anand said that the Maoist also admitted his involvement in loot of 5 Insas rifles from Bihar Military Police jawans from near Kajra station in Jehanabad district in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!