Hardcore Naxalite arrested in Bihar
Nawada: An active member of proscribed CPI
(Maoist) Jamuna Paswan, wanted in connection with the killing
of a police inspector, has been arrested from Telhatta Dhamani
village under Kauakol police station in Naxalite-affected
Nawada district of Bihar, police said on Sunday.
Paswan, who was nabbed late last night, was evading
arrest ever since he was made a prime accused in the killing
of police inspector Kapildeo Praasad at Mahuliatand village
under Khaira police station in the district in 2003.
The inspector was waylaid by naxalites who slit his
throat while he was on his way to investigate a case related
to the killing of the mukhiya (headman) of Darupawel panchayat
for not paying extortion money to the outfit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living