Haryana villages set to win longer power supply
Chandigarh: A group of villages in the Nalwa area of Haryana`s Hisar district are set to reap the benefits of their own ability to plan: Having successfully reduced aggregate technical and commercial (AT and C) power supply losses to below 25 percent, these villages are set to get power supply for 20-22 hours every day.
The benefit will come to residents of 13 villages of the Nalwa assembly constituency, 250 km from here, as they opted for a scheme of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN), a state-run power distribution company, under which they were to reduce power losses.
"Nalwa in district Hisar will be the first assembly constituency in Haryana to get electricity supply on urban mode as the consumers in the area are responding enthusiastically to a scheme of the DHBVN," Nalwa legislator Sampat Singh, a former finance minister of Haryana, said Sunday.
Singh said he was persuading the villagers to reduce AT and C losses to below 25 percent and get the meters re-located outside houses on pillar boxes to get power supply on urban mode for 20-22 hours a day. He said that some villages were already getting power supply for 20-22 hours daily.
"The villagers are responding enthusiastically, and would soon succeed in getting round-the-clock supply," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning