Has any state been able to stop murders, asks Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday questioned whether any state has been able to prevent murders and said that linking them to law and order was like looking through a "coloured glass".
"Has any state totally stopped murders? ... Linking them with the law and order situation means looking at things through a coloured glass," he said, apparently referring to the Opposition`s clamour over the killing of a doctor here on Saturday.
The killing of Rajnish Patel by unidentified assailants in Bahadurpur area triggered protests with the Bihar chapter of Indian Medical Association, which threatened to go on strike if the killers were not arrested by tomorrow.
The Opposition BJP has alleged that it seemed the state was returning to the "bad days" under RJD rule.
Kumar said that the police would soon crack the case and establish whether it was caused by personal enmity or some other reason.
Condemning the killing, Kumar said that it was a personal loss for him as the doctor was close to him and he is keeping a tab on the investigation.
Stating that law and order was the top-most priority of the government, Kumar said the police were playing a proactive role and speedy trials have created a conducive environment in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official