Hasan Ali Khan`s bail plea rejected
Patna: A local court in the district on Friday rejected the bail application of Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case.
Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar passed the order summarily rejecting Khan`s bail plea.
The police had last week submitted a chargesheet in the court hearing the fake passport case against the businessman, who is presently lodged in a Mumbai jail.
A case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had managed to get the passport in 2010 on the basis of false information, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon