HC acquits suspended JD(U) MLA in kidnapping case
Patna: Patna High Court today acquitted
suspended ruling JD(U) MLA Narendra Kumar Pandey alias Sunil
Pandey in connection with the kidnapping of renowned Neuro
Surgeon Dr Ramesh Chandra.
A division bench comprising Justices S K Sharma and D K
Singh acquitted Sunil Pandey, MLA from Piro in Bihar`s Bhojpur
district, in the absence of sufficient evidence in the case.
Earlier, a local court had on September 17, 2008
convicted Sunil Pandey and sentenced him to life imprisonment
in the kidnapping case.
Dr Ramesh Chandra was kidnapped by unidentified gunmen
from his residence on May 18, 2003 and released after a
fortnight following police pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years