HC acquits suspended JD(U) MLA in kidnapping case
Patna: Patna High Court today acquitted
suspended ruling JD(U) MLA Narendra Kumar Pandey alias Sunil
Pandey in connection with the kidnapping of renowned Neuro
Surgeon Dr Ramesh Chandra.
A division bench comprising Justices S K Sharma and D K
Singh acquitted Sunil Pandey, MLA from Piro in Bihar`s Bhojpur
district, in the absence of sufficient evidence in the case.
Earlier, a local court had on September 17, 2008
convicted Sunil Pandey and sentenced him to life imprisonment
in the kidnapping case.
Dr Ramesh Chandra was kidnapped by unidentified gunmen
from his residence on May 18, 2003 and released after a
fortnight following police pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi