HC puts stay on arrest of suspended DIG Alok Kumar
Patna: DIG Alok Kumar, suspended on charge of seeking Rs 10 crore extortion money from a liquor trader, Friday got a relief from the Patna High Court which put a stay on his arrest.
Hearing an anticipatory bail petition of the DIG, Justice D K Singh put a stay on his arrest by the police.
The court ordered police administration to submit case diary.
DIG`s advocate Soni Shrivastava who had filed an anticipatory petition on his behalf argued that the officer has been implicated in a case of extortion and pleaded the court to grant him anticipatory bail.
The officer, who was put under suspension by the state government on February 5 last, was facing the possibility of arrest in the case.
Kumar has been charged by a liquor trader Tunnaji Pandey of demanding an extortion money of Rs 10 crore as Deputy Inspector General of Police, Saran.
CID had recently raided his houses and found some papers related to purchase of land. Two of his associates have already been arrested.
Kumar, who hails from Jammu and Kashmir cadre of IPS officer, had earlier served as Senior Superintendent of Police of Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic