HC stays LJP leader Surajbhan Singh`s arrest
Patna: Patna High Court on Tuesday stayed the
arrest of LJP leader Surajbhan Singh in connection with the
murder of an additional public prosecutor.
Justice DK Singh passed the order after hearing the
bail application filed by Singh, a former MP, in the case.
Ordering that no coercive step be taken against Singh
till further orders, the judge also asked for the case diary
from the subordinate judiciary.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate in Begusarai had on March
15, 2011 issued a non-bailable warrant of arrest against Singh
in the case following his failure to appear before the court.
The assistant public prosecutor Ramnaresh Singh was
killed in Begusarai on November 8, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi