HC stays LJP leader Surajbhan Singh`s arrest
Patna: Patna High Court on Tuesday stayed the
arrest of LJP leader Surajbhan Singh in connection with the
murder of an additional public prosecutor.
Justice DK Singh passed the order after hearing the
bail application filed by Singh, a former MP, in the case.
Ordering that no coercive step be taken against Singh
till further orders, the judge also asked for the case diary
from the subordinate judiciary.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate in Begusarai had on March
15, 2011 issued a non-bailable warrant of arrest against Singh
in the case following his failure to appear before the court.
The assistant public prosecutor Ramnaresh Singh was
killed in Begusarai on November 8, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'