HC stays LJP leader Surajbhan Singh`s arrest
Patna: Patna High Court on Tuesday stayed the
arrest of LJP leader Surajbhan Singh in connection with the
murder of an additional public prosecutor.
Justice DK Singh passed the order after hearing the
bail application filed by Singh, a former MP, in the case.
Ordering that no coercive step be taken against Singh
till further orders, the judge also asked for the case diary
from the subordinate judiciary.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate in Begusarai had on March
15, 2011 issued a non-bailable warrant of arrest against Singh
in the case following his failure to appear before the court.
The assistant public prosecutor Ramnaresh Singh was
killed in Begusarai on November 8, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?