HC stays LJP leader Surajbhan Singh`s arrest
Patna: Patna High Court on Tuesday stayed the
arrest of LJP leader Surajbhan Singh in connection with the
murder of an additional public prosecutor.
Justice DK Singh passed the order after hearing the
bail application filed by Singh, a former MP, in the case.
Ordering that no coercive step be taken against Singh
till further orders, the judge also asked for the case diary
from the subordinate judiciary.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate in Begusarai had on March
15, 2011 issued a non-bailable warrant of arrest against Singh
in the case following his failure to appear before the court.
The assistant public prosecutor Ramnaresh Singh was
killed in Begusarai on November 8, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena