HC stays LJP leader Surajbhan Singh`s arrest
Patna: Patna High Court on Tuesday stayed the
arrest of LJP leader Surajbhan Singh in connection with the
murder of an additional public prosecutor.
Justice DK Singh passed the order after hearing the
bail application filed by Singh, a former MP, in the case.
Ordering that no coercive step be taken against Singh
till further orders, the judge also asked for the case diary
from the subordinate judiciary.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate in Begusarai had on March
15, 2011 issued a non-bailable warrant of arrest against Singh
in the case following his failure to appear before the court.
The assistant public prosecutor Ramnaresh Singh was
killed in Begusarai on November 8, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India