HC upholds confiscation of suspended IAS’ property
Patna: The Patna High Court on Friday upheld
an order of a subordinate court for confiscation of property
of suspended Minor Irrigation Department secretary S S Verma
and his family in a disproportionate assets case.
Justice Dharnidhar Jha upheld the order of special
vigilance court for confiscating the property of Verma and his
family members for property valued at Rs 1.43 lakh
disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Special Vigilance court, Patna, had in May this
year ordered the confiscation of property which Verma had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre