Heat wave forces early closure of Bihar schools
Patna: The Bihar government has ordered all schools to be closed from Monday due to the scorching heat that has seen temperatures soaring to 43 degrees Celsius.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar late Sunday directed Human Resource Development Principal Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh to order the closure of schools in view of the prevailing heat wave in the state, an official said.
Government schools in the state were supposed to close for holidays after May 20. However, some elite private schools have already declared summer vacations.
The local met office said there is going to be no relief from the heat with temperatures likely to rise in the coming days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living