Heat wave forces early closure of Bihar schools
Patna: The Bihar government has ordered all schools to be closed from Monday due to the scorching heat that has seen temperatures soaring to 43 degrees Celsius.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar late Sunday directed Human Resource Development Principal Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh to order the closure of schools in view of the prevailing heat wave in the state, an official said.
Government schools in the state were supposed to close for holidays after May 20. However, some elite private schools have already declared summer vacations.
The local met office said there is going to be no relief from the heat with temperatures likely to rise in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video