Heroin valued at Rs 3 cr seized
Araria (Bihar): Police on Monday seized 3.5 kgs heroin valued at Rs 3 crore in the international blackmarket from Bihar`s Araria district and arrested one person in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a vehicle near Raniganj bus stand and seized the contraband kept in a packet bearing a stamp mark of Thailand, district Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said.
The arrested person has allegedly confessed during interrogation that he was taking the smuggled contraband to Purnea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest