Heroin valued at Rs 3 cr seized
Araria (Bihar): Police on Monday seized 3.5 kgs heroin valued at Rs 3 crore in the international blackmarket from Bihar`s Araria district and arrested one person in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a vehicle near Raniganj bus stand and seized the contraband kept in a packet bearing a stamp mark of Thailand, district Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said.
The arrested person has allegedly confessed during interrogation that he was taking the smuggled contraband to Purnea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam