Heroin valued at Rs 3 cr seized
Araria (Bihar): Police on Monday seized 3.5 kgs heroin valued at Rs 3 crore in the international blackmarket from Bihar`s Araria district and arrested one person in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a vehicle near Raniganj bus stand and seized the contraband kept in a packet bearing a stamp mark of Thailand, district Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said.
The arrested person has allegedly confessed during interrogation that he was taking the smuggled contraband to Purnea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter